Things To Do With Kids In Picnic Island
Looking for Fun, Exciting Things to Do with Kids Near You in Hillsborough County? Head to Old McMicky’s Farm!
Are you looking for fun things to do with kids near you? Something that doesn’t involve video games and screens and that won’t cost a fortune? A place that offers kids activities that are fun for all ages – including mom and dad? If so, head on down to Old McMicky’s Farm! A Hillsborough County tradition for more than 65 years, we’re an educational farm that is dedicated to promoting a love of animals and nature exploration while encouraging kids to do what they love to do most: have fun! Whether you’re looking for fun outdoor activities to do with the kids for just a few hours, you want to plan a unique birthday party for your little one, or you’re a teacher who is looking for entertaining, yet educational kids activities near you that would make for a great field trip, at Old McMicky’s Farm, you can be sure that plenty of fun will be had and tons of great memories will be made. If you’re looking for unique things to do with kids in Picnic Island, FL, come and spend a day at our family-friendly, safe, affordable, entertaining, and amazing farm!
The Old McMicky’s Farm Story
At Old McMicky’s Farm, our goal is to provide educational, fun kids activities for the Hillsborough County community. A part of the famed and beloved Camp Keystone, the oldest continuously inhabited camp in the state of Florida, the farm opened in 1991 and it wasn’t long after the gates were opened that the farm became one of the most beloved Picnic Island, FL things to do with kids.
Camp Keystone has been a cornerstone of Hillsborough County for more than 65 years. For over six decades, the camp provided countless kids of all ages from all over the country with fun, engaging experiences, and life-long memories. Together, Camp Keystone and Old McMicky’s Farm incorporated hands-on, entertaining activities that encouraged kids to interact with and enjoy nature and time with friends, such as horseback riding, sharing stories, and singing around campfires, and a real appreciation for life on the American farm. The farm welcomed more than 30,000 kids from the Tampa Bay area each year, many of whom had their first opportunity to ever interact with farm animals like pigs, goats, and sheep.
In 2013, Old McMicky’s Farm re-opened its gates and brought back the long-standing tradition of farming and the backbone of American life to the next generation. In a world that’s so saturated with technology, it’s becoming rarer and rarer for children to interact with nature and experience what farm life is all about. We’re proud to offer the children of today – and tomorrow – opportunities to interact with good, old-fashioned country life.
Our Kid-Friendly Activities
When parents and educators in Hillsborough County are looking for “kid-friendly activities near me”, Old McMicky’s Farm is the first place they choose. Why? Because we provide children with the opportunity to put away from the screens, get outside, get back to basics, and enjoy fresh air, sunshine, and cute, friendly farm animals.
We offer a number of opportunities to enjoy our farm, including:
- Family activities and field trips. Bring your family, a group of friends, or your students to enjoy a day at the farm. Groups of all sizes are welcomed to walk in any time during our hours of operation. Take a guided educational farm tour, which lasts about 1.5 to 2 hours, during which you and your crew will have the opportunity to milk a cow, take a pony ride, and interact with our fuzzy farm friends, including chickens, rabbits, goats, and a barn full of adorable baby animals! Be sure to check out our newly added features, too, including a Nature Trail, an Education Station, and a Lake Walk, where you’ll be immersed in the beautiful nature that Hillsborough County and the great state of Florida offers.
- Kids Birthday Parties. Give your child a one-of-a-kind celebration that they’ll be sure to remember for a lifetime with a birthday party on the farm! You pick a date, invite the guests, and bring the cake, and we’ll take care of the rest! A birthday party at McMicky’s Farm includes a private guided educational farm tour, where the guest of honor and their friends will get to milk a cow, ride a pony, and interact with chickens, goats, rabbits, and plenty of cute and friendly baby farm animals. When the tour is over, check out our Nature Trail, Education Station, and explore our Lake Walk. You’ll also have one hour in our air-conditioned barn to enjoy refreshments, including pizza, snacks, and drinks (all included). The guest of honor will receive a birthday gift from us, too, which includes an Old McMicky’s Farm T-shirt, a bandana, a hat, and a stuffed animal!
Whether you’re planning a day out with the family, you’re planning a field trip, or you’re looking for a unique place to host your child’s birthday party, if you’re looking for kid-friendly activities near you in Hillsborough County, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a place that offers more fun, excitement, and lasting memories than McMicky’s Farm!
Visit Us Today!
If you’re looking for things to do with kids in Picnic Island, FL, instead of searching around online for “things to do with kids near me” and scrolling through all the same old activities, head on over to Old McMicky’s Farm! For more information about the activities we offer, our rates, or to schedule a field trip or birthday party, give us a call at 813-920-1948 or check us out at https://oldmcmickys.com! We’re looking forward to seeing you down on the farm!
- Learn more about Picnic Island, FL 33616
- Open a Picnic Island, FL map
- Find the Picnic Island, FL United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Picnic Island, FL pharmacies
- View the current Picnic Island, FL weather report
- Browse a list of Picnic Island, FL public and private schools
- Picnic Island, FL is located in Hillsborough county in Florida State